1. All Puppies are sold as Pet Quality. We provide no guarantee as to adult size, temperament, or breeding soundness. A complete health Record, from the time of birth to the time you pick up your puppy, will be provided by our Veterinarian and included in the care package you receive with your puppy. This record will include the contact information of our Veterinarian and we direct you to contact them at 903-757-5543 and visit their website at https://kimbroughanimalhospital.com for any and all health questions you may have on your puppy. We strongly encourage you to completely vet all your health concerns on the puppy you are interested in by contacting our Veterinarian directly prior to paying the deposit to secure your puppy. Unlike many or most breeders, all healthcare on our puppies is conducted exclusively by our licensed Veterinarian. We believe it is well worth the extra expense to entrust the healthcare of all our animals, especially our puppies, to licensed professionals.
2. Buyer must have their puppy checked by a licensed Veterinarian within 2 days business days of receiving the puppy (not including national or state recognized holidays). Buyer is required to have an appointment for this examination, within the given time frame, prior to pick up of their puppy. In case of the death of the puppy before the initial exam, Buyer must submit a Veterinarian's necropsy report to our Veterinarian as to cause of death and death must be found to be caused entirely due to a covered congenital defect. (See #12) Failure to have the Initial Exam done within the given time frame or non-compliance with any provision of this agreement will Void this warranty in its entirety.
3. The Buyer must email a copy of Initial Exam to the Breeder within 30 days of the Exam to activate guarantee.
4. Should your Veterinarian detect any life-threatening health condition within one(1) calendar year from the date of birth, you must contact us immediately and direct your Veterinarian to work directly with our Veterinarian in full disclosure. If it is determined by both Veterinarians that the life-threatening condition is entirely due to a covered congenital defect, (See #12), the puppy will be replaced with one of equal value as soon as one is available.
5. Buyer is solely responsible for all transportation costs for a replacement puppy.
6. Buyer understands that replacing the puppy under this guarantee is only available when health problems are life-threatening and are attributed solely to a hereditary problem and are not due to accident or injury.
7. Buyer hereby understands and agrees that the Breeder shall NOT reimburse any Veterinary expenses or other expenses incurred by the Buyer at any time.
8. Breeder's guarantee is limited to a replacement puppy only. No exceptions. No refund of the purchase price will be given for any reason.
9. The puppy must not be euthanized within the guarantee period without prior written approval from the Breeder or this guarantee is void.
10. Failure to follow the Veterinarian's recommended medical advice and or treatment will void this guarantee.
11. Guarantee is not transferable only valid for original purchaser.
12. The following conditions are not covered under this guarantee: Internal or external parasites, hernia, undescended testicles, under or overbite, injury after delivery, allergies, heat exhaustion, coccidia or giardia (which are common puppy ailments under stress) or hypoglycemia. Hypoglycemia is preventable with good care and feeding. Because luxating patella and collapsing trachea can be caused by injury, these conditions are not covered.